Year Wise Activities
* Dr. S.L. Saini with the aim of developing Social Urban Forestry, started planting trees on his own at public places in Yamuna Nagar . * Saplings were given protection by erecting wooden tree guards (made of wood scrap) around them. * Dr. Saini spent a sum of Rs. 15000/- from out of his own resources on the plantation work. * He started motivating people for environmental cause.
* Like-minded friends contributed Rs. 200/- each and joined Dr. Saini to form YES, with the aim of Green & Clean Yamuna Nagar. * Saplings were given protection by brick-tree guards.
* Motivated large number of people. * Massive tree plantation continued with the public support along with regular nurturing of previously planted saplings.
* Held a district level Environment Awareness camp at Yamuna Nagar. * With the aim of “Green & Clean Haryana”. YES was upgraded to HES, the new Executive Body headed by Dr. S.L. Saini was formed at Haryana state level. * HES, as an NGO, got registered with the of office of the Registrar Societies, Haryana. * Established its own workshop for preparing steel tree guards. * Dr. Saini, Lecturer in Mathematics resides in the premises of M.L.N. College Boys’ Hostel Yamuna Nagar a portion of which is being used for the workshop purpose. * Received grant in aid of Rs. 21,000/- from Govt. of Haryana.
* Organized a district level environment awareness camps at Yamuna Nagar. * Established it’s own plants nursery and stell tree guards workshop at Yamuna Nagar. * Received a matching grant of Rs. 45,000/- from the Govt. of Haryana.
* State level tree plantation Mela (fair) was held. * Field activities were extended to the neighboring towns of Jagadhri and Yamuna Nagar. * Received a matching grant of Rs. 95,000/- from Govt. of Haryana.
* National Level Seminar on Environmental Conservation was held at Yamuna Nagar. * Purchased own tractor and water tanker for watering and a trolley for transportation of plants and tree-guards to the plantation sites. * Carried out awareness campaign in the rural areas of the district Yamuna Nagar under Sector-Reform Pilot Project aided by Govt. of India and World Bank. * Under Yamuna Action Plan awareness programmes for Public Participation were carried out at Yamuna Nagar and Jagadhri along with the neighboring villages . * Adopted the City Centre Park spread over 35 acres of land at Yamuna Nagar.
# Started developing a "Birds' Habitat (Pakshi Vihar) at city centre, Yamuna Nagar. # Planted and protect at least 6000 more saplings of shady, fruit, flowery, flavoring and trees of medicinal values. # Started spreading awareness about food adulteration and its toxic effects on health due to excessive uses of pesticides etc. # Talk on All India Radio
# Plantation done on the 5 km long newly built road divider along with many other grounds and parks of the twin towns of Jagadhri and Yamuna Nagar. # Distributed among about 200 families the samples of chemical free Jaggery (Gur and Shakar) got manufactured under HES supervision and educated them to co-operate the HES in its mission of providing adulteration free eatables to the masses. # Held tree plantation camps to commemorate the retirement and transfer occasion of various district Govt./non- Govt. employees # Preparing for developing a Dada-Pota Triveni park in which grandparents and grandchildren will jointly plant Triveni (Bud i.e. Ficus benghalensis + Peepal i.e. Ficus religiosa + Neem i.e. Melia azadirachta) each in the name that families. # Organised environment chariot to spread the message of environment among masses. # To spread awareness about environment protection in general and water conservation in particular.
2005 Through massive plantation celebrated new year, farewell given to D.C. vijayendra kumar and organized Tree Plantation mela with the leading involvement of eunuchs. Activities were covered by India T.V., Star News, Jain T.V., NRI T.V., Sahara Samay, Total T.V. Total number of planted and protected trees till Dec. 2005 was 42500.
Celebrated new year, other festivals, Diwali festival and mary other occasions by tree plantation. Got plantation done by dignitaries including Ch. Bhupinder Singh Hooda, CM of Haryana. Doordarshan Hisar prepared a documentary on field activities and aired the same on the occasion of Diwali. During this year started a campaign “ Jahaan Stambh Wahan Sugandh”
Celebrated new year and farewell given to D.C. Yamuna Nagar and welcomed new D.C. Sh. Nitin Yadav and Organised many other functions all through tree plantations. Till date total no of plants planted and protected is 51000 and distributed to the public free of cost another lot of 22,000 saplings.
# The railway road divider of length 2kms from fountain crowwing to Jagadhri railway station was covered under plantation. # D.S.Desi, Environment Commission, Haryana inaugurated the Tree Plantation Camp. # People from rural and urban areas of Yamuna Nagar, Kurukshetra districts including eunuchs, children accompanied by their parents also participated in planting saplings each in their names. # 13 locality parks were also covered under plantation both Yamuna Nagar and Jagadhri cities. # Environment conservation message was spread by launching a special campaign with the involvement of the print and electronic media at the local and national levels. # Organised a Tree Plantation Campaign to commemorate the appointment of Dr. Amit Kumar Aggarwal as Deputy Commissioner of Yamunanagar. # The number of saplings planted were more than 3000 in twin cities - Yamuna Nagar and Jagadhri, thus making the total number of planted and protected trees equal to 50,000. # A Memorandam was given to the Chief Minister Haryan requesting him to enact the Tree Plantation Act in Urban areas in Haryana State.
* As many as 1200 more plants were planted till June 2009. * On 5th June, The World Environment Day was celebrated by organising a Tree Plantation Camp to cover the road divider from Aggarsain Chownk to Buria Gate, Jagadhri, where The Deputy Commissioner Yamuna Nagar was the Chief Guest * More than 8 locality parks will be covered in the coming monsoon season under plantation within Yamuna Nagar and Jagadhri. * Till June, more than 51,000 plants have been planted and protected and at least 2000 more saplings will be planted this year.
* Planted another lot 6500 more saplings, thus making these total number 59000 completed, two third length of workshop road divider under plantation. The work had to be stopped as M.C authorities objected to a new one. * 6 more mohalla parks were covered under plantation. Damaged/dead trees were replaced by new saplings. * A documentry both Hindi & English version was prepared on the H.E.S field work progress.
* Jagadhri workshop area is taken up for field activities. two mohalla parks have already been covered under plantation this year. * World Environment day celebrated in june 5, 2011 at a residential area of Jagadhri workshop railway colony. * H.E.S is aiming to adopt a village named daulat pur in yamunanagar Distt. for the purpose of developing a park in the village thus covered under our "Green and Clean " Mission will be a model village. * This year our total plantation number will exceed 66000.